It's cute and fun, it would do great on tablet!
4 1/2 stars! :)
The COVID-19 outbreak has ravaged the globe. As the world's scientists work feverishly to invent a vaccine, the remaining uninfected have fled to camps believed to be virus-free.
Yours is one such camp.
Vaccine is expected in 30 days. Healthy people generate revenue.
Additional test kits and beds can be purchased. Good luck!
Update 1.5 - 6 Apr 2020
- added ability to choose between 60, 90, and 120 people in the camp
- changed timeframe from 180 days to 30 days to make the gameplay window better fit the virus lifecycle
- made days last longer to allow for more time to act on individual people stats and conditions
- removed "serious" from endgame chart as it was little more than a mirror of the infected data
- added shader to mark lockdown periods on the endgame chart
- Severe and Critical no longer generate daily revenue
- Severe and Critical come to a standstill until recovered or moved by others
Update 1.1 - 2 Apr 2020
"Three weeks ago I was idly thinking of how someone ought to make a little game that shows how the coronavirus spreads, how testing changes things, and how social distancing works. ... But I have to admit, I kinda figured someone would have made it by now. But they haven't." - Game designer Raph Koster on FB
I came across this a few days ago and took that as a personal challenge to make the game.
The project is released, but it's going to be my pet project while in quarantine, so I plan to do regular updates for a while. Please leave feedback with any bugs, comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks!